Thursday, May 24, 2012

So want does 60 scores look like?



So, I've pulled together all the score for this summer's rep list (here's the complete list). For the first time since 2007 (my first year in Maine), I have more than 2/3 of the music without scanning/copying/downloading from IMSLP. The lower box is a case for 8.5x11" copy paper and it's overflowing, and the upper is the lid. I did the math, and a full set of scores (substituting Dover when possible) comes in at close to $1500; thus it's lucky that I own most of them already (my first year I owned almost nothing and since it was pre-IMSLP, bought everything I was missing - it hurt).

How many of these will be played? All of them. In 6 weeks, we read every single piece. 1/4 (give or take) will be performed on either our weekly Sunday concerts or, in a few cases, on Wednesday chamber music concerts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment