Monday, June 25, 2012

Week one highlights

Concert went very well - the Hanson especially so. I've always been afraid of a letdown after a good dress rehearsal but the quality and focus was a bit higher on Sunday, which is always nice.

In addition, I was drafted to play percussion on the Prokofiev Love of Three Oranges Suite; I guess it worked out well because I'm playing percussion again this week. I enjoy the change of pace, but I kind of hope that it doesn't necessarily become a normal thing - I really enjoy playing cello in the orchestra.

So the rep for this coming week is a bit more challenging; in addition to a challenging concert, I've got John Adams' Short Ride in a Fast Machine (you'll have to YouTube it, I can't seem to embed links on my iOS app). Maybe the most difficult thing I've conducted in a long long time.

On the non-podium front - the maypole went very well. It was much like herding drunk kittens, but everyone really enjoyed themselves. We finally got out to Bar Harbor for the first time today and it was much like going home (of sorts).

More to come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment