Sunday, July 1, 2012

It has been a week...

I've slightly avoided writing this week; it's been a bit unusual and I'm still somewhat scratching my head over it.

People have weirdly been on edge, partly because of this week's concert repertoire (Shostakovich 6, Ravel's Alborada del Gracioso, Elgar's Enigma Variations, and The Dance of Vengeance from Barber's Medea), which is proving to be most difficult. I've personally been a little off because of my reading piece (which went well, but I didn't get a ton of feedback) and because I've been stuck in the percussion section again. Oh well.

On the plus side, some of us have starting working on Schönberg's Transfigured Night for performance on a chamber concert - something I've wanted to do for years but never had the chance. Plus the concert is today; which means the end of the week and new rep. One of the things I love about this place is even if you have an off week, you roll over fresh in the next.

We're going to explore Acadia tomorrow, so lots of new pics soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment